Sunday, June 5, 2011

Diana-Indonesia


Diana? She's from Indonesia.

I remember on the first day that we met.. She cannot really speak English but she tried her very best to converse. I remembered she got lost on the first day around the hostel. Oh don't laugh at her! Cux I got lost too after checking in to my room. I have no idea how to get back to the dining hall/bus stop. Block B is quite confusing compared to Block A and C. Uh! Can get rather miserableee... I managed to get to my room for few days but I took pretty long way till I learn the right one. Ha ha ha..

We met again in the small group. Aha! It's quite difficult to converse with her after I found out about her language proficiency. I remembered Gabriel was saying he has to join army for 2 years after high school. Diana was like , "AMI? A M I? What's that?" Then we explain to her it's ARMY. ha ha ha

Second day...

She was pretty much late for breakfast. We also missed the bus because we had to wait for her. Well..as the chairperson said..

STICK IN UR SMALL GROUP THROUGHOUT THE CONFERENCE. EAT TOGETHER, LOST TOGETHER, ETC ETC TOGETHER.. ha ha ha

Thank God we managed to get the last bus or else we have to walk to the Lecture Theater which will take about half an hour from the hostel.

Do you know the reason she's late? Doing assignments n slept really late. But actually..the real reason was...

SHE FORGOT TO CHANGE INDONESIAN TIME TO SINGAPORE TIME. ha ha ha ha

All of us burst into laughter upon hearing that. Ha ha ha.. She's rather funny.

We didn't really get to know each other that well. I think I only really got to know her on third day during lunch time. We both got our lunch rather fast and thus sat together. As for others, they prefer to sit at another part of the canteen, so the small group was separated. Both of us refused to change our sitting place and the rest also refuse to change their sitting place. Thus left me and Diana on the table but I kinda enjoy it because I love the breeze. Besides, my group has about 2 hours break! ha ha ha

We chatted. I asked her about Indonesia.. studies.. the currency..university and etc etc.. I am not sure what's so funny but eventually we start laughing at almost everything that we are talking about. We are like cat and dog talking..trying to understand each other but nonetheless..It turn out to be very funny. We laugh and laugh for almost an hour plus about anything and everything that we were chatting.

Ah! I miss that lunch hour. I really do.

Just as we were about to go back to Lecture Theater, we laugh and laugh again. She was quite naughty too. Ha ha ha...

Kezia said... Both of us really laugh a lot but the difference between both of us is that..

"Diana's laughter is mute one. She laughs but no sound kinda laughter whereas if Esther laughs..she laughs out loud!" ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

I felt so bad that I underestimate her in many ways but I really treasure this friendship because she was honest. She is really honest and don't keep things in her heart.

For example, I think the fourth or fifth day, I didn't laugh as much cux I was really tired. I became agitated if I don't have enough sleep. She asked me, "Why your face changed today?"

I was glad for her concern and honesty.

She studies architecture and I saw her assignment. Pretty good. Perhaps God'll use her to build more churches some day. Who know right. he he he


One night..we shared..after outing... I was really touched by her. Let me share what she shared.

She said she didn't really know why she came to EARC. She has problems in communicating because of her English..but after a few days, she was surprised because she can laugh and laugh and click with us..like how she laugh with her roommates. It's impossible! How can it be! But it really happens.. Amazing right!

Another reason she's fun to be with ..

We sort of play the game "GUESS WHAT I SAY" everyday whenever we talk to her. Sometimes she guess other words and it just make us laugh and laugh.

I remembered Kezia asked her about "souvenirs" and she was so blur that she repeated..

"what?? rain? rain? rain is near???"

Now you tell me. How not to laugh. She's amazing when it comes to drawing. Natural talent. When I say drawing, it means COMIC. Ha ha ha..

I miss the moments when we walked along Singapore road and few of them sang DORAEMON song in Japanese, Indonesian, cantonese and etc.. I help to clap hands along the way. Singaporeans might think we are mad looking at us.. but we had so much fun!!!!

During outing time, while waiting for bus to go back to NUS, both of us were the CRAZIESTTTT..While Keiza was teaching other those beats (like drum beats but use ur handsss) , me and Diana tried to disrupt her by making our own soundsss and sing any song that comes into our mind. I supported her nonsense and she did the same. We laughed so muchhhh..

Another thing that I like about her is that..She's practical, not the theory/philosophical person. Same as me. I get quite bored when I listen to much theories although as a law student, I'm supposed to be like one. Ha ha..Apparently, we prefer to put thoughts into action kind. What can we do? Yah! That's how we can click with each other. =DDD

Thanks Diana. There's never a dull moment with you. I appreciate a lot. I am so so sorry that I didnt try harder to wake you up on Closing ceremony time. I really thought you was with other Indonesian and was already at the Lecture theater. I truly apologiseeeee....

I miss you lots and I hope we'll always be friends. Someday I hope we'll meet again.

2 comments:

  1. wahahahha..i laughed really out loud alone..hahaha..oh!! I really miss you guys..='(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha haaaaaaa.....funny rightttttttt........

    ReplyDelete