Wednesday, June 8, 2011

EARC - Personal Reflection by Kezia (Philippines)


When I first heard about the East Asia Regional Conference I easily got excited though the first thing that came into my mind was my summer classes. This has been one of the most crucial moments for our batch and I don’t want to leave with unsettled grades. With all the pressures and delay on the releasing of my passport, I came to think that EARC is not for me.  I continually prayed about it and ask the Lord that if it is His will for me to attend the conference, I will leave with peace in my heart knowing that He is in complete control. After our final presentation, I immediately went home to Bacolod City for me to pack my things and be ready to fly to Manila first flight the next day. This has been the most challenging part of my journey. My mom was in the hospital during that time. She has always been there for me when I have trips or conference to attend. She’s the one reminding me of everything I need and she’s mostly the one who packs my things so I found it so hard that she won’t be able to be there to help me. But then, the Lord really works in ways that I cannot comprehend. He brought my IVCF friends to sleep in our house and they helped me pack my things and reminded me of everything I need to bring. God’s grace has been there continually amazing me.

The conference had been a time of Selah for me, a time to pause and respond to God. I was greatly overwhelmed to see over six hundred people from about twenty different countries with different cultures and languages gathered together, singing in one voice and in one heart for the glory of One Sovereign God. I was really in awe to stand in the midst of a multitude with hands lifted high, voices singing, hearts wide opened declaring the goodness and the faithfulness of the Lord. It awakened my spirit, reminding me of how it is to worship God and to enjoy His presence. The movement sharing has also made a great impact in me. Before, I just become aware of the concerns of other movements on our day of prayer in the campus or in the regional chapter but through this conference, my eyes were opened to the reality and I started to examine myself if there was a time in my life that I came to think of them as I prayed to “Our” Father. I realized that I have missed to be aware of so many things and have failed to remember so many people.

The Expositions about Haggai caused me to wake up from the dream I have been falling into and enabled me to dream again the dream that is of the Lord’s. For so long, I have missed to see life in God’s perspective. I have lost sight of the vision God has planted in me. I have been busy building other things that can satisfy me rather than being busy building God’s temple.  I was faced with the questions of what kind of signet ring have I been?  Does my life make a difference in the campus where I am in? Am I loyal to God or to sin? Does my dream reflect the dream of God for the world? I have been asleep and I was challenged that the time for me to wake up is now. The Lord has been so faithful to me and my family. I answered His call of going to EARC and He took care of my mom and my grades. He awakened me to the reality of the world I live in, of the people who are not having the opportunity to come to know Him and He opened my eyes to the role I have in the dream He has for the world and for these people. As a response, I will commit to pray for my brothers and sisters from other countries, be involved in God’s dream for the world and to serve Him in our campus chapter and share the dream to them of being a movement that displays God’s love and extending this love to the students around. It is my prayer that by His grace, I will live a life that displays the character of Christ, a life that points to Him, His signet ring, and a life that makes a difference in this fast changing world. I praise Him with all my heart for the wonderful experience, for those people who prayed for me and for the wonderful friends I met in this meaningful event. To Him be all the glory, honour and praise. =D 

*The reason I post her sharing here is that others may read it not only from Malaysian perspective but someone from other country too*

No comments:

Post a Comment